We previously talked about how your web host effects your SEO efforts.
Today, we’re going to delve a bit more into the topic and talk about how to exactly choose a good, reputable website host.
Guide to Picking the Right Website Host
Acquiring server for your expanding online business website is analogous to moving from a petit apartment into a big house. However, the foundation of the house if strong will last longer. Similarly, this foundation for a website is provided by your web hosting company by the type of package they offer.
In other words, a web hosting company provides all the essential features that ensures a growing successful website. With an uncountable number of web hosting companies, it is very important for you to choose one that best suits your requirements.
Without a web host provider, your website is going to collapse at a point where it can’t handle too much traffic anymore. Conversely, a good webhost plan can bring in lots of benefits along with assisting your website such that it only grows more productive and profitable. Some of the most important features to be considered are:
- Check for availability: it is important to consider the up time offered by your server. All your efforts invested are futile if your website is not available online for users to visit. However, most of the web hosting companies promises an uptime of 99.9%, so this isn’t a big deal anymore.
- Best uploading method: consider the uploading managers like Cpanels. Those that takes your websites ages to upload could be a big turn off for the traffic.
- Back up services: if your webpage is not backed up regularly, this might result in loss of essential content or data from your webpage. Some good providers offers 24 hours daily back up plans to keep your webpage updated and safe.
- Customer services: while some companies only offer email assistance, which could be a huge problem in case there is a technical connectivity fault and you can’t even access the email feature. It is important to consider the company that offers a 24/7 toll-free call services too.
- Good reputation: before considering a good web hosting company, it is the best for you to go through the company’s reviews, this will not only help you decide better on basis of people’s experiences, but also shows the reputation and reliability of a company.
- Security: if your webpage involves financial transactions, you need to ensure the customers of the security that is offered by the server. Customers are often hesitant to make financial transactions or sharing personal information with the webpage with unsecured servers.
If you follow those six tips, you should be setting yourself up on a path to success – rather than a nightmare experience.